Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Extra Credit

After watching Fresh Inc. I felt a little worried about the food I eat. In the film it showed how they were being so rough with the animals, for example there was a scene where they had chicks in baskets and they were transferring them to the farm and when they take them out they just flip and throw them on the ground. I was a little heart broken when I saw that, because I thought that they would at least treat them a little better and put them down nicely. When I found out that we had so much bacteria in our food, it really grossed me out and made me wonder what else is in our food and why they let us humans eat all that bacteria. Do they just not care about others? I feel like we should care about what is in our food because, it can affect us, it can make us sick and give us a disease. We don't want that for anyone, its not like it would only happen to one person, a whole bunch of people would get it too. The thought of our food being engineered is a little weird, I mean its good in a way because I am sure its faster, but the chemicals and all the things they give their animals to eat to make them grow can give them all kinds of sicknesses and us as well because, after they kill the animals we eat them and all the pills and things that they give them, transfer to us and make our bodies sick. Not only do they do that to animals but they do that to all kinds of foods like tomatoes, carrots, corn, apple, lemons, etc. A GMO (genetically modified organism) is when a lab processes genes from the DNA of species that are extracted and artificially forced into the genes of a unrelated plant or animal. The gene can come from bacteria, viruses, insects, animals, and even humans. I personally would not want that in my body and I'm sure no one else would.
Image result for gmo

1 comment:

  1. The way that major corporations treat animals is so inhumane. But now we've learned a little more and can make better choices! Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete