Sunday, September 18, 2016

Entry #5 Wall-E

In the movie Wall-E there was a video clip about how technology took over everything. You basically just sit down and the chair takes you wherever you want. If you wanna change you just press a button and you change clothes. It requires no movement at all. I noticed that in the clip everyone was over weight, I did not see any average weight person. It kind of made me realize that technology is taking over quite a bit to the point where everyone is going to forget how to socialize with a human being. They are all going to become socially awkward. I also noticed that nobody communicated with each other. Their eyes were only on the screen in front of them, like they were glued to it. I personally don't think that they realized that there were people around them. For example, a man fell off his chair and they stopped traffic and told him to wait assistance, because he was over weight and he couldn't get up on his own, but Wall-E was being very generous and helped him go back in his seat. This reminded me of today's society, because it's slowly starting to become less social (physically). I look at teens and even elders and I see them in a group and every single person is on their phone and nobody is saying a word to each other. It is very sad to think what technology is doing to society.
Image result for wall-e

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the idea that technology is removing the social part of life. In the beginning of video they show two guys talking to each other, but when the camera panned out they were actually right next to each other and didn't even realize it.

    ReplyDelete